Richard Monaco is an of counsel attorney at our firm who has experience in Personal Injury, Commercial and Breach of Contract, Appellate, Real Estate and Banking, Foreclosure and defense of foreclosures, Landlord/Tenant, Criminal laws respectively. Mr. Monaco successfully engages in various cases involving these areas of law as both a licensed and highly experienced New York and Connecticut attorney.
Mr. Monaco has obtained multi-million dollar settlements, favorable judgments and decisions for various clients practicing these various areas of law in both New York and Connecticut. Mr. Monaco graduated Cum Laude and as a Law Review Member of the Pace University School of Law, and Summa Cum Laude from Iona College with a degree in Economics.
- New York State
- State of Connecticut
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of Connecticut
- J.D. – Pace University School of Law, Cum Laude, 1986
- B.A. – Iona College, Summa Cum Laude, 1983
- Personal Injury Cases: Successfully handled hundreds of motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, dog bite, slip and fall, truck/bus accident, premises liability and construction accident among other personal injury matters
- Appeals: Successfully handled many civil appeals in the Appellate Divisions for the First and Second Judicial Departments including: Calcutti v. Croton Park Colony, Edwards v. BP/CG, Jablonski v. Rapalje, Hupfeld v. Speedy Muffler, Piacente v. JK Funding Corp. and Tarantul v. Cherkassky.
- Real Estate and Banking: Has represented sellers, buyers, lenders and title companies in hundreds of residential and commercial closings in New York State and Connecticut. Approved closing counsel for lenders and approved title agent in the State of Connecticut.
- Foreclosures: Has successfully represented mortgagees, mortgagors and has been appointed Referee in foreclosure by the Court.
- Commercial and Breach of Contract: Has successfully represented corporations, associations and individuals in a wide variety of civil breach of contract and collection matters.